Increase in Auto Enrolment Contributions

The minimum contributions employers and their staff pay into the automatic enrolment workplace pension scheme will increase from 6 April 2019. It is your responsibility to make sure these increases are implemented.

All employers with staff in a pension scheme for automatic enrolment must take action to make sure at least the minimum amounts are being paid into their pension scheme.

The new contribution rates are Employer Minimum Contribution 3% (up from 2%) and Staff Contribution of 5% (up from 3%) giving a total Minimum Contribution of 8% (up from 5%)

By law a total minimum amount of contributions must be paid into the scheme. The employer, must make at least the minimum employer contribution towards this amount and the staff member must make up the difference.